Template500 is an ASP.NET MVC website that you can template and deploy, use it to cut out the boring setup bits you usually find yourself repeating!
- Built using HTML5 Boilerplate and some Twitter Bootstrap - to get you up and running quickly.
- Includes a dynamic routing solution - built with AngularJS (http://gregorypratt.github.com/AngularDynamicRouting/).
- Features simple CMS functionality - to allow live editing of pages.
- Multi-language support
- AJAX crawlable URLs - Google friendly URLs for dynamic content (https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/)
- Fork or download the zip file
- Open the solution
- Create a database based on the connection string in web.config
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regsql.exeto add .NET Authentication tables to your new database. (or
aspnet_regsql.exe -S <Server> -U <Username> -P <Password> -d <Database> -A allfrom the command line)
- Once you have the database set up, simply jab F5 (Run) in Visual Studio and the solution will create the tables it needs and it should simply boot up.
(Doing this manually is not recommended, so let's use a cool little tool)
Download Templify (http://opensource.endjin.com/templify/) and use it to "templify" the Template500 directory you downloaded from Github. This creates a template package you can deploy within minutes.
Using Templify saves a huge amount of time. Give Templify the new name for your project and it will do the rest. Your 'template project name' will then be substituted for your new project name everywhere within your solution.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 (inc. Razor)
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- Twitter Bootstrap elements
- Semantic Grid System
- Fluent NHibernate
- SQL Server (although you won't need to write any SQL)
If you'd like to contribute to Template500 then by all means fork it, update it and submit a pull request. The more the merrier!
Support or Contact
Found a problem? Submit an issue.
Having trouble with Github? Contact email@example.com.